About Me

My photo
Anacortes, Washington, United States
This is my testimony - my testimony of faith and lack thereof; of the rising and falling of hopes and dreams; of beliefs and disbelief's; of tremendous heartache and human folly; of reaching out and stepping out when all I want at times is to is pull back and step away. At the age of 30 I was diagnosed with a very rare neurological condition called Post-traumatic Syringomyelia (PTS). Please visit my post on PTS. One of my goals is to increase awareness of this terminal condition. Broken to Grace is not yet released. Follow this blog to receive an email when the final release date is announced. God bless, Ronda

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Poem


A poem was written to me on September 30, 2009. I responded to that poem by adding two lines of poetry after every two lines he first wrote to me. When this was written we had never been close enough to even touch. I was in the midst of writing my book when this love was placed in my life - and this love became my everything. It became a breaking point that still remains. It became, before I realized it, Broken to Grace. This is that poem - with only his name changed to what it is in the book. I have been searching for this poem for over a year - as I needed it to be in the book. After many months of wondering how I could lose this, I found it just an hour ago in some old mail. I have never known a love like this, nor do I ever need to again. It will never leave me, because it is a gift from God



Frenetic energy vigorous debate
Calmed assurance soft and sedate
Passionate hearts bleed passionate talk
lead to reverent silence as with God we walk
Passionate discussions involved and drawn in
Fully connected without pretense or sin
Unencumbered, unveiled, and unleashed without fear
Sharing the depths of our souls as we draw ever more near
Indescribably filling my heart
With each phone call we start
My darling, I love you, there is so much to say
My Matthew, I need you in the most innate ways


You’re so beautiful so soft and so sensual
Strands of gold curves incomprehensible
Your hands, your lips, every muscle, your shining dark skin
I feel that I've felt you again and again
Voice, tones of sweetness, speak in my ear
Visions of love, laughter for years
Deep and tender words speak straight to my heart
My longing deepens nightly as we are apart
Where are we going what does this mean
What is the plan and when is it seen
What is this journey, neither of us know
Because God leads, it is there we will go
Don’t really know, now I believe
I cherish each moment I’m blessed to receive
Straight ahead without worry, courage in its place
I long to be engulfed by your strong, passionate embrace


I am breathless, my heart beats, muscles flex
Endorphins rush...
Love filled passion; passion filled with love
How ever did I not know you were coming, my gift from above.


Love you baby
and I love you

Matthew
Ronda



No comments:

Post a Comment